Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gone

"Now you listen to me," I must have been saying to Greg back when we were so very young in Toronto.

I can't even imagine the pain my mother must feel when she looks at these faded photos of our happy childhoods, childhoods long gone.

And now, not only are our childhoods gone, one of the children is gone, too... Gone. Never to come back again.

And that's what's so hard about the death of a loved one. You have so many things you still want to tell them, so many things to share that you catch yourself sometimes thinking, "Oh, wouldn't he like this," or "I can't wait to tell him that." But that's no longer possible.

Oh, how that hurts...


1 comment:

Jules said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm glad that you found something of meaning there. :)

I am sorry for your loss. It has been a year since we lost Mike, and in some ways it is easier, but at the same time we still grieve. I don't know if you ever get over losing someone you love - life goes on but everything is just different somehow.

I will send up some prayers for your comfort and healing.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
— Albert Pike, Scottish Rite Freemason (1809-1891)